I imagined the birthmom facing some hard times, and the baby also feeling it, so I wrote this poem.

Her choice- God already knows
By Claudia

Oh, little angel from Heaven!
Why come down in such a way?
Is this exactly as planned? Or did God tell you,
You will be okay, come what may?
Do you already know what she’ll choose?
Was your faith so great, that you trusted
a promise that things would turn out just so?
Maybe God did not tell you,
but He Knows.

Dear mother, Do you question if this is really wise?
Do you hesitate?
Or has your heart, perhaps, already realized
why adoption has crossed your way?
Will you choose someone else?  Will you raise this child yourself?
A choice made with heartbreak, either way, as you may already tell.
You may ask, is this really happening?  Is this the correct road?
If you could only see…
What God knows!

I do not have any children.
There must be a reason; I would like to know,
why I was chosen to wait a little longer;
Why infertility will not let me go.
Could someone else be destined to answer my prayers?
I assume I have something important to learn
Not just me, but my baby, and my baby’s mom.
Someday we’ll understand,
but God knows.

I pray for my children everyday
Even more so now, that one could be on its way.
But what a strange thing, this is, to feel compelled
to also pray for someone else.
Even though I may not know her,
I pray that she will be strong, that she’ll know what to do,
When selecting a life for a child, who cannot pick and choose.
But there’s comfort, however, in knowing
God already knows what she’ll do.

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful...Made me cry a little!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I know that you will make fabulous parents when the right mama finds you! We still pray for you every night! Hope it happens soon!

    ReplyDelete