Prior Paintings

I had a few requests to see the reference I used for the Fall Scene, so here it is:












I also had a few requests from people to see some of my other works.  My favorite subject matter to paint are portraits.  However, because I prefer to paint from life best, I haven't done a portrait in a while.

Portrait in Water based medium.

This is my grandmother.. I did this.. from a photo but my self portrait was from a mirror (it was an assignment from my art class in college) 


  This pencil drawing was a commission from my friend as a gift to her mother.
Pencil Drawings
Self portrait-  a-la-prima technique in oil


The painting below was a commissioned request, the owner of this painting plays the violin and behind it is an AK47.  He titled it "War and Peace".
Oil Painting, Glazing technique.



















On our trip to California, we drove by some beautiful fields.  I really wanted to paint it and capture the feel of that drive.  I designed this landscape using multiple photos.  It was painted in black and white and the colors were glazed on top.  There's actually no green on this painting.. what you see is yellow over blue like the old masters used to do.  It was fun.

2 comments:

  1. Love the paintings! I wish you could see that yellow field in the spring! I've been trying to get pictures of it for you but the one time I was there at the perfect time...I didn't have the camera. In the spring these fields are covered with beautiful purple and yellow flowers. I'll keep trying though :) I had no idea that painting didn't have any green in it! Very talented!

    ReplyDelete