Rio de Janeiro - Where I was born.

Taking the bus and going to see grandfather.




I took a picture by the big bullets because this is the kind of stuff my father used to make when he worked as an engineer for the Brazilian Navy.  (when the tip is off, they make great plant stands)







Here we are at a restaurant eating my mother's favorite dish "Bacalhau".  It was very good, you can't find it like this anywhere else.   We walked around with my dad's long time friends that he went to school with. 


Caju is a fruit.. the nut you see is the outer shell of Cashews.. yes.. this is where the Cashew nut comes from.

2 comments:

  1. A foot picture - Melanie would appreciate this! Cashews - I can't believe you through them away, although I've never tasted the fruit. Maybe, I'd like it better than a cashew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to roast it and break open the shell to eat it. Too much work for just three nuts.

    ReplyDelete