White Amaryllis
 photo and poem by Claudia



I sit, observing
the white Amaryllis in the room,
as she glitters in the sunlight,
just like snow.

Her large flowers
are beautiful and stunning.
I'm amazed at the splendor
that transforms this humble room
into a place that seems like heavens' light
just passed through.

Her soft flowery perfume
triggers memories I can't quite place
from a time of innocence,
a time of grace.

I question if she would bloom just as large,
or her fragrance be just as sweet,
is she had any knowledge
that she was blooming just for me.

Understanding sweeps over
as the answer comes to mind:
It's not me, she is blooming for,
but for the creator of the light.

As she shines for her master,
I can join her through my senses; 
This white Amaryllis,
by the window's light,
praises her creator,
with all her might.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture and lovely poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, Claudia. ;)m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the poem Claudia!! I wish mine had bloomed so beautifully. Maybe next year...

    ReplyDelete